- Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Enjoy Your Beautiful New Fireplace – SAFLEY!
- Keep a fire extinguisher handy….Year Round!
- Maintain a clutter-free boundary around your fireplace. To be safe, make it at least two foot “clutter free” zone.
- Keep your fireplace grate closed when in use.
- Liquid accelerants (gasoline, lighter fluid) can be disastrous. Never use them!
- Have your fireplace chimney inspected annually by a qualified chimney service provider. Consider doing this in the spring so your fireplace will be safely ready when you are.
- Make your “Fireplace Owner’s Manual” a document that you actually READ. Practice safety.